Job: Regional Field Adjuster
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Coastal territories of Southern California, N California or Central
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented, highly motivated individual with excellent time management and communication skills as a property field claims adjuster to join our growing team! In this role, you will gather evidence through physical inspections to accurately evaluate and estimate insurance claims.
If you are a self-starter, highly motivated individual with excellent time management and communication skills- this is a great opportunity for you. This position allows the flexibility to create and control your own schedule to meet the priorities and guidelines established by Division Management. There will be opportunities to advance your career with Choice by assisting our clients and their customers in their time of need. Also, you may be eligible for Catastrophe deployment opportunities with additional compensation opportunities which will be evaluated and determined per discretion of Catastrophe operations.
Responsibilities: This is broad base list of job responsibilities and can be subject to change.
- On-site inspection of residential and/or commercial losses resulting from a wide variety of losses (Wind, Hail, Water, Fire, etc.).
- Making use of estimating software to establish indemnity values of claimed damages.
- Preparation of detailed reports inclusive of estimates, photos, sketches, narratives and payment recommendations to be submitted to insurance carriers for review
- Negotiation of property damage with claimants, insureds, contractors, or attorneys.
- On-site training of new adjusters in your territory per direction of Division Management.
- Assist with regional recruiting plan per direction of Resource Management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma mandatory
- Strong time management, prioritization, organizational skills
- Effectively manage all modes of communication including email, phone, and text
- Strong integrity and critical thinking abilities complemented by effective communication, negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Sound mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Able to lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Able to climb ladders and roofs of varying pitches
- Can entail multiple hours of drivetime, standing, or sitting.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work from home and flexible hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability coverage following 60 days of employment
- 401k and Health Savings Plan
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- Remote and on-site training
- Continuing education (CE’s) and licensing assistance
Choice is a national, full-service third-party claim administrator and independent adjusting firm servicing the property & casualty insurance industry, self-insureds and government programs. Our vision is leveraging traditional claim handling philosophies with forward thinking process models using the latest technologies. We custom tailor our services to make the claims process efficient and easy while delivering on our client’s objectives. Since Choice’s founding in 2012, our firm has become a leading and highly trusted, multi-line claims adjusting service provider to cities, counties, districts, self-insured employers, insurance carriers, and government. Our firm’s focus has been on the acquisition of top industry talent, resulting in a best-in-class service. Choice is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Covid 19 Considerations
We have implemented Covid-19 protocols and adhere to state and Federal guidelines when it comes to social distancing and masking.