Job: General Liability Claims Examiner
Location: Richardson, Texas/ Remote
Job Type: Full-time
We are seeking experienced General Liability Claims Professionals with a minimum of 8+ years’ experience on mid to complex level claims as well as experience with oversite of litigated claims. The Liability Claims Examiner investigates, determines coverage, evaluates, adjusts, and settles claims of all levels of complexity presented by the claimant in compliance with all state regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will need to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities, which may include any or all the following other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general liability claims service by phone, email, or mail to Insureds, claimants, and third-party customers
- Determines liability and applies coverage to claim per the policy using client guidelines and best practices
- Works closely with counsel on litigated claims
- Calculates claim payment amount
- Prepare detailed coverage and settlement letters
- Composes written communication to insured or claimant on claim determination
- Provide clear and concise instruction and close oversite on all claims assigned to the field for additional investigation
- Serves as a resource to other team members when needed
- Works with vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution
- Contributes to business goals and effectively uses tools & technology
- Willing to work overtime in support of workload surges and/or Catastrophic events as needed
- Take recorded statements
- Attend mediations as needed
No supervisory responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 8+ years’ experience as a Claims Examiner
- Municipality and multi-family housing experience a plus
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Adept problem-solving skills
- Analyze and apply policy coverage and determine liability
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience writing full captioned reports
- Verbal and written English fluency required; bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Texas Adjusters License, with up to date Continuing Education Credits
Ability to obtain adjuster license in other states as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, hear, talk, reach with arms, and use hands to finger, handle or feel, and type.; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Typical indoor office environment or remote/ work from home.
Choice is a national, full-service third-party claim administrator and independent adjusting firm servicing the property & casualty insurance industry, self-insureds and government programs. Our vision is leveraging traditional claim handling philosophies with forward thinking process models using the latest technologies. We custom tailor our services to make the claims process efficient and easy while delivering on our client’s objectives. Since Choice’s founding in 2012, our firm has become a leading and highly trusted, multi-line claims adjusting service provider to cities, counties, districts, self-insured employers, insurance carriers, and government. Our firm’s focus has been on the acquisition of top industry talent, resulting in a best-in-class service. Choice is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Covid 19 Considerations
We have implemented Covid-19 protocols and adhere to state and Federal guidelines when it comes to social distancing and masking.