Job: Lead Damage Assessor/Field Inspector
Location: Puerto Rico/ Remote
Job Type: Seasonal/ Full or Part-time
The role of a Lead Damage Assessor/Field Inspector is to conduct a thorough applicant interview followed by an extremely detailed assessment of the Damaged Property. All post-event repairs must be captured as well as repairs still required under program and client policy estimating guidelines. Meticulous description of damage to property to be indicated and outlined in estimating software. Will take detailed photographs, with descriptions, for all damaged property.
Duties and Responsibilities: may include any or all the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use strategic scheduling techniques to manage dynamic production requirements
- Conduct comprehensive interviews with insured to capture event information
- Outline all damages to property with detailed accuracy
- Complete post-flood assessments for the damaged property
- Create a detailed sketch of all damages using appropriate software as indicated with each claim
- Provide clear photographs that capture completed and required repairs
- Professionally fill out all mandated documents and forms
- Follow program/policy guidelines, requirements, and protocols with attention to detail
- Monitor and respond via all lines of communication with applicants and Choice Field Services, LLC personnel to success
- Maintain meticulous file management systems to track all billable work for invoicing and record keeping
- Inspect inside and outside of damaged property
- Provide all tools and/or software/equipment needed to perform job duties
- Technical proficiency (advanced knowledge of cell phones, computers/tablets/laptops, scanners, printers, software applications, GPS or other hand-held devices)
- Assist with other Field Personnel that need additional training.
- Assist with Scheduling duties
- Assist with Client Relations
- Communicate Daily with Immediate Supervisor (Outside Field Manager)
Education and/or Experience
- 3 years’ experience preferred with Government CDBG-DR Programs
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- Self-motivated learner, capable of working in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Ability to following instructions from leadership while executing tasks with attention to detail in order to meet deadlines
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Must pass a background check and/or other program required checks
- Ability to use estimating software with intermediate to expert proficiency
- Excellent computer literacy skills, technical proficiency and internet savvy
- Advanced proficiency in with MS Office Suite of products
- Ability to perform in dynamic situations, professionally handle frequent changes, and maintain a positive attitude
- Solid communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Capability to plan, organize and manage time
- Knowledge of insurance policies and practices
- Skilled at using required property equipment such as measuring devices, digital camera, ladders,
- Current valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation, and current auto liability insurance policy
- Verbal and written English fluency required; bi-lingual in Spanish required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid State Driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform this job.
While performing this job, the contractor is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, hear, talk, reach with arms, and use hands to finger, handle or feel, type, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Candidates must be physically capable of working in various weather, terrain, and lighting conditions. Travel requirements may expose incumbent to severe inclement weather conditions.
Choice is a national, full-service third-party claim administrator and independent adjusting firm servicing the property & casualty insurance industry, self-insureds and government programs. Our vision is leveraging traditional claim handling philosophies with forward thinking process models using the latest technologies. We custom tailor our services to make the claims process efficient and easy while delivering on our client’s objectives. Since Choice’s founding in 2012, our firm has become a leading and highly trusted, multi-line claims adjusting service provider to cities, counties, districts, self-insured employers, insurance carriers, and government. Our firm’s focus has been on the acquisition of top industry talent, resulting in a best-in-class service. Choice is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Covid 19 Considerations
We have implemented Covid-19 protocols and adhere to state and Federal guidelines when it comes to social distancing and masking.